8.30.2009

Consignment Shops. Necessary Evil? (And cheese with my wine please!)

Earlier this year, I purchased an account with Snooty Fox so that I could get some cash for my unwanted clothes. It was $20... I feel like it's a little ridiculous, but I still did it.
Yesterday I dropped off clothes at Snooty Fox - it took about 20 minutes for them to get through them all. Now I have to wait two months to see if the clothes actually sell which will equal how much I make off of them. Ick - then I take what they reject to Plato's Closet and get $20.10 on the spot for a couple skirts, few shirts and a pair of shoes. Immediate payment is always appreciated, but I waited about the same amount of time - however, the two months isn't tacked on to the end.

You can probably tell by my tone how I feel about the matter. I live in an apartment so it's not like I can yard sale it with my stuff, but I do - in some instances - feel that it's a bit of a rip. Is there anyone out there who's had better luck on Craigslist or eBay in getting rid of clothes? I just feel like there should be a better way.

Ok I'm finished with whining :) I at least have more closet space now!!

No comments: