1.09.2010

Monroe Outlet Outting - Outstanding.

You're looking at the blog of the newest addition to the Dental Care Plus Group team. (So much for being concise.) I felt compelled to celebrate by taking a trip to the Chelsea Premium Outlet mall in Monroe.
Although the mall is still probably about 20 percent vacant, I love it. Yes, I'm declaring my love, and I don't just throw around that four-letter word.

Store highlights include:

North Face: most of the store was 40 percent off... including some snow parkas, tents, shoes and plenty of other outdoor clothing. I scored capri hiking pants and a sweater for around $40.

Columbia: some great deals around the store. My favorite? A day pack for $20. Has a laptop compartment that actually fits my netbook perfectly. I also snagged some sorely needed snow pants just in time for the White Death.

J. Crew: a beautifully versatile wool blazer... insanely on sale. $42. Down from $158.

GAP: $5 ribbed tank tops. My base layer piece in nearly everything I wear.

Other items that stole my heart: a sweater vest from Brooks Bros., a Kenneth Cole bracelet and Kate Spade sunglasses from Solstice.

There were plenty of other great deals at Banana Republic, BCBG and SAKS - but the items on here were my items of pride and joy.

I'll also say that the strategic design of the mall prevented a horrifically cold experience. It blocks the elements fairly well. Topping off the day with the Southwestern salad from Chicken Now was surprisingly satisfying.

Two thumbs up.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Is this one better than the 71 outlet malls? What about for guys? I imagine this one is better since there is North Face and Columbia.

Anonymous said...

i like your new sweater vest. i've always liked those... need to get one.