8.27.2009

I like Old Navy jeans and other reasons I miss my waist

My most recent shopping mission mantra has been "I need pants... must find new pants." Then I buy five new tops and no new pants because I can't find any that fit well.

So last night I went to the Gap Factory Outlet in Hebron, Ky. with that same mission. New pants. And though I still managed to find myself with -um- four new sweaters (in August), I still scored two new pairs of pants.

Pause for momentary celebratory dance.

Then insert hypocracy. My rant about wasting time at discount Old Navy stores... yeah, sorry 'bout that. Last night I purchased pants of the Old Navy persuasion for $4.99 each. They fit beautifully and for that I'm pretty thrilled.

Which brings me to the title of this post, "I like Old Navy jeans and other reasons I miss my waist." Old Navy pants used to never fit me because while I had a small waist, I had/have "muscular" legs (friends' way of saying "nooooo, you're not fat"). Point is, they didn't fit me because if the legs fit then the waist was too big.

Now they fit everywhere. Bright side? My desk job has made me more proportional. Yay, right?

No comments: